This first volume of the guidebook series Northern British Columbia Canoe Trips describes in detail eight northern BC paddling routes over eleven rivers and is designed to provide canoeists with all the information they require to plan a river trip appropriate to their skill level and special interests.
Each route includes:
• A summary of the main attractions of the trip
• Where to start and where to finish along the river
• Trip length in days and kilometers
• Required maps
• Suggestions about when to go
• Star ratings for the difficulty and historical and recreational value
Northern British Columbia Canoe Trips: Volume One covers numerous routes never documented in any publication before, including the Taku, Jennings, Omineca, and Gataga rivers, among others, as well as more well-known favorites such as Fort Nelson and the Dease. The book provides paddlers of all types with a variety of river trips to choose from based on comprehensive and comparative information, as well as detailed and specific navigational notes to aid them along their chosen route.